Restorative Dentistry in Houston, Texas
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is the area of dentistry focused on reviving your smile following tooth loss or tooth damage. In many cases, one or several missing or damaged teeth can result in pain, loss of function, and esthetic concerns. Dental restoration allows us to tackle each of those issues directly, utilizing a unique combination of dental procedures to restore the health and beauty of your smile.
Whether you’re missing one or several teeth, restorative dentistry paves the way for a customized treatment plan that can significantly improve your smile and protect your teeth.
Restorative Dental Services We Offer
- Bridges—Dental bridges are a procedure used to functionally and cosmetically correct a gap caused by one or more missing teeth. Constructed from metal, porcelain, or ceramic, a bridge is anchored in place through attachment to natural teeth, dental crowns, or implants.
- Inlays and Onlays—The placement of a dental inlay or onlay is a restorative procedure used to treat a tooth that has a cavity. This procedure is a great option for cavities that are too large for a tooth-colored filling but not quite large enough for a crown. An inlay protects the integrity of the tooth by covering the chewing surface of the damaged molar, while an onlay typically covers more than one cusp.
- Bonding—Dental bonding is a corrective procedure used to restore the natural or ideal color and shape to a damaged tooth. During a bonding treatment, a tooth-colored material is applied to your tooth and is then shaped, hardened, and polished with special tools. This treatment is beneficial for patients with stained, chipped, or cracked teeth.
- Dental Crowns—Dental crowns are a restorative procedure that address, correct, and further protect a compromised tooth. Similar to an inlay or onlay, a dental crown covers an entire tooth, therefore strengthening it and protecting it from further damage. Crowns are ideal for cracked or broken teeth, or for a tooth suffering from decay.
- Dental Implants—Made to look, feel, and function like your natural tooth, a dental implant is a restorative dental procedure used to replace missing or damaged teeth. With a dental implant placement, a titanium post is surgically placed in the area of the jawbone where your missing tooth once sat. Once healed, a replacement tooth is attached to the post. Implants may also be suggested as a means of anchoring dentures or dental bridges.
- Dentures—Dentures are a removable prosthesis used to replace missing teeth. As a restorative dental option, dentures are carefully constructed to fit your mouth and may be either full or partial. A denture is a more affordable option that can restore the function and appearance of your smile.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings—A tooth-colored filling is a restorative dental service that is utilized to repair cavities and protect your tooth from further damage. Unlike metal fillings, a tooth-colored filling as a restorative option maintains the uniformity and naturalness of your smile. During a filling procedure, the decayed portion of your tooth is removed, your tooth prepped, and the composite, tooth-colored material applied to fill and reshape the surface of your tooth.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction—A full mouth reconstruction is a restorative option that combines several dental procedures to strengthen and rejuvenate your smile. Optimized oral health and a beautiful smile start with having a strong foundation. Champions Dental will create a customized dental plan to help you regain lost function, protect your jawbone, tissue, and healthy teeth from further damage, and revive the look of your smile.
Am I a candidate for dental restoration?
When considering mouth and smile reconstruction, our patients will find a unique combination of our restorative dental services beneficial. Capable of optimizing oral health and restoring lost function, restorative dentistry can be just what a patient is looking for to regain confidence and revive their smile. If you have any of the following dental concerns, dental restoration may be right for you:
- Missing teeth
- Gaps in your smile
- Difficulty eating due to damaged or missing teeth
- Tooth pain caused by damaged or decayed teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
Restorative Dentistry Solutions Designed For You at Champions Dental
At Champions Dental, we work hard to revive beautiful smiles and optimize oral health. By providing each of our patients with customized care and thoughtful recommendations, we dedicate ourselves to impacting our community with a helpful and compassionate approach to dentistry. Our restorative dental services allow us to get your smile looking its best. With our dedication to providing a thorough consultation and utilizing a personalized, no one-size-fits-all approach, we take the time to develop a customized plan that will restore the beauty and health of your pearly whites.
Visit our team at Champions Dental today for a consultation or call to schedule your first appointment.