Dental Implants in Houston, Texas
What are Dental Implants?
Though a more comprehensive treatment option, dental implants are a lasting solution and permanent replacement for a missing tooth that can restore a healthy smile. Consisting of a titanium base and a crown that mimics the look and feel of a natural tooth, the implant is a sturdy, oral prosthesis that adds durability and renewed strength to the jaw.
What to Expect For Your Dental Implants Procedure
After our team has determined that dental implants are right for you, the procedure will take place in four steps.
- Extraction and Placement—During the first step of the implant process, Dr. Garza will carry out any necessary extractions of damaged teeth. Removing damaged or decaying teeth will make space for the new implants that will be placed. A titanium implant will be screwed down into the socket that was once occupied by your natural tooth.
- Healing and Osseointegration—Once extraction and placement of the titanium implants is complete, your gum will require healing over the course of several weeks. Throughout this part of the process, the bone will grow around the implant.
- Abutment—The third step in the process involves attaching a small piece of metal called an abutment. This metal piece is custom-made to fit your implants and will ultimately be attached to the false tooth. Once the abutment is attached, your gum will require approximately six weeks of healing.
- Crown Placement—With the last step of the implant process, your crown will be attached to the abutment. This permanent false tooth is customized to look and act like your natural teeth.
Dr. Garza’s Take on Dental Implants
The reason why some people may need implants is because of a cavity that got too big, a tooth that -as we call- it is “unrestorable”, a tooth that they lost because of a gum disease, a tooth was broken and needs to be replaced. What people don’t know is that an implant is the next best thing to having your natural tooth that looks like a natural tooth, feels like a natural tooth. Well, implant is a great tool because we’re able to replace one single tooth and replace it with a crown, and it’s cleanseable, it’s easy to clean, it is functional and it’s aesthetic.
We invite you to Champions Dental for your cosmetic dental needs.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have numerous benefits, with the most astounding being that they look and function exactly like your natural teeth. As a permanent solution to cosmetic concerns, missing teeth, or chronic dental problems, implants are a coveted and highly effective solution that allows individuals to restore a healthy, radiant smile.
Among the list of benefits of dental implants are the following:
- Solution to cosmetic concerns related to missing teeth and tooth decay
- Reduces bone loss
- Protects and preserves surrounding teeth
- Functions just like natural teeth, making eating easier when compared to dentures
Why Champions Dental?
A healthy, shining smile is an important aspect of overall wellness and can lead to greater confidence. At Champions Dental, we work hard to provide each of our patients with excellent dental services, restoring beautiful smiles and motivation for greater oral health. Fueled by our desire to share our more than 15 years of experience and dedication to continual education, we make it our goal to impact our community with a helpful and compassionate approach to dentistry.
Visit our team at Champions Dental today for a consultation or call to schedule your first appointment. Your beautiful smile awaits!
Dental implants are a prosthetic solution for missing or decayed teeth. With the look and functionality of a natural tooth, an implant consists of a titanium base that is screwed into the jaw bone and a crown, or false tooth, that attaches to the metal implant.