Pediatric Dentist in Houston, Texas
All About Champions Dental — Your Pediatric Dental Specialists in Houston
As your premier pediatric dentist in Houston, Champions, Cypress, and Spring, we’re dedicated to bringing you and your family compassionate dental care. So much of our teeth and gum health depends on proper at-home oral hygiene. We make it a point to focus on patient education in an enjoyable, positive environment. That’s why, along with enhancing the strength and health of your children’s teeth during their visits to Champions Dental, we help them understand how important dental hygiene is by modeling correct teeth and gum care practices.
We believe a healthy smile is an important key to overall health and confidence, and the earlier you start, the better! The special combination of our educational care and the supportive, preventive nature of routine visits with our team make Champions Dental one-of-a-kind and the perfect place for your family’s dental needs.
Visit our team at Champions Dental today or call to schedule your next pediatric dental appointment. Your children’s healthy, beautiful smile awaits!
We offer a variety of dental services to enhance the health of your child’s smile. From routine preventive appointments that focus on cleaning and polishing and evaluation of tooth and gum health, to more specified procedures that target particular dental concerns, we pride ourselves on our impassioned, positive approach to dentistry. Once you walk through the door, you’ll see that we love what we do and education and prevention are at the foundation of that. We couldn’t be more thrilled to work with your family, ensuring the health of your child’s smile.
- Your Child’s First Dental Visit — One of the many services we offer is an enthusiastic, educational first dental visit. Our compassionate, friendly dental team works hard to create a welcoming environment and to provide your child with a positive experience. Along with answering all questions and getting you acquainted with our dental office, we put a fun spin on patient education, teaching your child about proper at-home oral hygiene practices and good nutrition.
- Preventive Care — A huge part of pediatric dental care is preventive. Learning proper oral hygiene early can make a huge difference in the health of your teeth and gums down the road. With each regular visit to Champions Dental, we take a moment to talk with your child about positive at-home practices and what that can do for their smile. Along with assessing their overall oral health, we check for signs of cavities or plaque build-up, perform a thorough cleaning, and polish off their pearly whites.
- Dental X-Rays — Dental x-rays are another service that should be performed on a routine basis. With reduced radiation exposure, x-rays at Champions Dental result in high-quality images that provide us with immediate diagnostic results. Taking normal x-rays helps us ensure the underlying health of your child’s teeth, allowing us to take a look at what’s happening below the surface. This helps us catch and address issues long before deeper damage occurs.
- Composite Fillings, Crowns, and Sealants — Tooth fillings, crowns, and sealants are dental procedures that help us either restore or protect the health and integrity of your child’s tooth. These procedures may be warranted when your child has a current or potential cavity, weakened tooth, or damaged tooth. Evaluations during routine visits help us determine if one of these procedures could be beneficial for your child.
- Tooth Extraction — Removal of a tooth may be recommended for a number of reasons. If infection or trauma has occurred, removing the infected or damaged tooth is sometimes structurally necessary. This may also be required if your child is experiencing tooth crowding. In the event that tooth extraction is needed, we commit ourselves to maintaining a comfortable, positive environment before, during, and immediately after the procedure.
Your First Pediatric Dental Visit
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends choosing a dental home and scheduling your child’s first dental appointment by his or her first birthday. Once the first tooth emerges, maintaining the health and strength of that tooth and those that follow is fundamental. At Champions Dental, we dedicate ourselves to creating a friendly, positive environment and an enjoyable dental experience. With your first pediatric dental visit to our office, we’ll take the opportunity to get to know your child and make them feel calm and comfortable.
During their appointment, we will gently examine their teeth and gums, talk to you about their medical and dental history, and gently clean and polish their teeth. We’ll also take the time to talk to them about what they can do to keep their smile healthy and will model correct brushing and flossing techniques that you and your child can practice at home.
We understand that your child’s first dental experience may be met with apprehension. Along with welcoming you to remain by their side during their entire visit, we also encourage you to talk to your child beforehand about what to expect.
The cost of your child’s dental visit will vary depending on the type of visit scheduled. While most insurance providers cover routine, preventive appointments every six months, this varies depending on the insurance company. Contact our offices today to discuss the cost, insurance coverage, and payment options.
A dental emergency may involve severe pain and/or bleeding, a tooth that has been knocked out, a loose permanent tooth, or a serious infection that has resulted in an abscess, knots, or swelling. If any of these symptoms are present for your child, contact our office immediately or visit Champions Dental directly. Outside of office hours, visit the ER or an emergency dentist.
Wanting to support your child after any dental procedure is expected. Post-dental treatment care varies for each procedure. Once your child’s dental procedure is complete, our team will provide detailed care instruction to help you keep your child as comfortable as possible.
Toothaches are a common symptom of numerous dental concerns. If your child has a toothache, have them rinse their mouth with a warm saltwater solution and apply a wrapped cold compress to reduce any swelling. You may also give your child acetaminophen to alleviate pain. In the event of a toothache, it’s also important to contact our team so we can evaluate your child’s teeth and gum tissue for the cause of pain.
At Champions Dental, our team utilizes numerous safeguards to minimize the radiation received and reduce your child’s exposure during a dental X-ray.
Fluoride is an element that is essential for the health and development of your child’s teeth. The easiest and most natural way to consume fluoride is through drinking water. If you’re concerned that your child is not getting enough fluoride, we can happily evaluate the level of fluoride your child is consuming. If this level is inadequate, we may prescribe fluoride supplements.